Interactive Header

Robin Writes Header
Robin Writes Header
home bio contact projects interviews

Monday, March 10, 2014

How do you like my new look?

As a prize for a contest on David P. King's blog, Darren Hansen redesigned my blog. Didn't he do an incredible job? I love the interactive header with it's moving bits and the classic look.

From Darren: By day I'm  a website designer and by night I like to write science fiction and fantasy. I have a special place in my heart for writers and would be happy to help with quick questions about blog design for free.
As for rates on professional work, I would charge about $200 for a professional interactive header like the one I made for you. Non-interactive headers would be much less, like $50. It really depends on the project, but those are good ballpark figures.

His website is found at www.darrenhansen.com.
You can contact him at darren@darrenhansen.com
Darren is also the creator of Ink Pageant where writers can share their blog posts with each other and lift each other. Check it out here.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to stare at my header some more (and get to work on final edits for my Publication Primer submission for LDStorymakers due today.)


10 comments:

  1. Love your new blog look. Darren is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new look,. It's awesome! Good luck with your final edits that are due today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look! I am looking for someone to redesign my author website (not my blog), but it sounds like that's what Darren does as his day job -- and probably for a company, right?

    When I say I've been looking, I actually mean *my husband has been looking for me.* Several queries have resulted in nothing, so I would love names of web designers who might be interested in designing an author webstie (so I can give those names to my husband ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, checked out Darren's website and forwarded that to my husband! (I just write the books around here. Hubs is in charge of technology and advertising!)

      Delete
    2. Oh, wonderful. He was super nice to work with and I hope your husband and Darren can work something out:)

      Delete
  4. It looks great! Really like the typewriter and little birdie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome! I'm definitely keeping this guy's info handy. My blog's been needing a makeover for ages.

    ReplyDelete